Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A bird with clipped wings can still sing

This morning, I reluctantly rolled out of the single person bed that was not mine. I uncomfortably shared the small space last night and woke up with an aching neck. Showerless, I drug my feet in shame - head down, face hidden - to my destination. The shirt I was wearing had not been removed from my body in days and the armpits had acquired the slightest scent of my natural body odors covered by an organic deodorant. My makeup from the night before was smeared and barely covering the stress pimple that has mutated into a third eye in between my two "God" given ones. My crazed hair was concealed by my trusty knit cap and my "skinny jeans" were stretched (from wear) nearly to the point of flare. It was quite the disgrace. But I had been up late night studying and had not been home in over thirty hours. Genetics, you will be the death of me.

I almost watched the season premier to the final season of LOST tonight... but after watching the introduction, I decided against it. Skipping seasons four and five is not conducive to understanding what is going on in the show. I'd be so lost (har har) had I continued on the endeavor.

Instead, I watched the finale of "Teen Mom" on MTV and stalked pictures of Chan Marshall. It was no comparison. However, the latter of the two events inspired me (perhaps in the wrong way) to bring back my bangs. Questionable. They fit Ms. Power much more than they fit me.










Since this is "doppelganger" week, or whatever, I've decided to introduce mine on here. I am often told that I look like Maggie Gyllenhaall. I have yet to decide whether or not this is a good thing....


No comments:

Post a Comment